Sask K of C Charitable Foundation Contingency Project
- To develop a framework that will facilitate the promotion and enhancement of "Charity giving" of Councils, Members and citizens at large.
- To develop opportunities for Sask K of C Charitable Foundation, Councils and members to work together in providing financial assistance to worthy projects, programs or individuals.
- To develop a mechanism and process to entertain project and program funding requests throughout the year.
Principles for Contingency Project Partnership Agreements
The Sask K of C Foundation will consider entering into a Contingency Project/Program Partnership with a Council, group of Councils with the objective of improving the quality of life and support Catholic values with our communities as follows:
- The Council(s) will approve the project at the local level including a participants, timeframes and marketing strategy. The approved project will be presented to the President of the Sask K of C Foundation for consideration.
- Each project/program will have a budget including specific timelines.
- Sask K of C Charitable Foundation Grants Committee will review the project proposal to determine approval. A key element of approval will be the degree support of the members and Council(s).
- Once approved, all funds raised will be channeled through the Foundation account. Each donation of $20.00 or more will receive a tax receipt.
- Funds may be contributed directly to the Sask K of C Charitable Foundation office or by credit card payment through the website. The website will outline each project and promote support by all viewers.
- The Sask K of C Charitable Foundation will provide an additional Grant to the Project/Program recipient.
- Project/Program recipients potentially receive more funds for their Charitable needs.
- Councils receive expanded exposure for their project/programs.
Sask Knights of Columbus receive greater exposure and visibility while practicing their primary principle of Charity and second principle of Unity.
Sask K of C Coats for Kids
The attached order form shows the breakdown of sizes and the cost per box. Also Completed forms are to be sent together with cheque to Sask K of C Charitable Foundation P.O. Box 61 Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan, S6H 4N7
We got confirmation that we will be able to get boxes of coats from Knights Gear Canada. We can pre order any time now with shipping occurring in mid October. The price will be $385.00 per box including shipping. The price has gone up slightly because the coats for Canada have been up graded to accommodate our colder climate
Sask K of C Wheelchair Project
- The Sask K of C State Board & the Sask K of C Charitable Foundation have partnered with the Canadian Wheelchair Foundation in bringing a car load of wheelchairs into our province.
The wheelchairs will be very similar to those distributed overseas. The attached photo shows Bishop Bryan Bayda sharing a chuckle with two gracious young recipients of a K of C wheelchair at the Children’s Orphanage in Dnipropetrovs’k, Ukraine. The chairs we have ordered will also have the K of C emblem embroidered into the fabric as shown on the photo.
We have ordered two styles of wheelchairs. The solid standard is the traditional chair designed for basic use inside of buildings. The solid standard with mountain bike tires is a stronger chair with primary use outside of buildings.
The intent of this project is to provide Councils and/or individuals with the opportunity to purchase chair(s) and gifting them to individuals, nursing homes, churches, community halls, rinks, schools etc. We should not focus strictly on our own community, but also consider any place where there may be individuals that may need a chair for the short or long term.
We have ordered 105 chairs of differing sizes. We anticipate their delivery to Saskatoon in mid-December. We invite you to pre-purchase utilizing the attached order form. The chairs will be only be considered purchased when the payment and order form are received at the Sask K of C Charitable Foundation office in Moose Jaw. Unfortunately promises will not be acceptable.
The number & sizes of chairs that have been ordered are:
- 4 – 12” solid standard – recommend for youth to Grade 8
- 4 – 14” solid standard – recommend adolescent up to 100 pounds
- 12 – 16” solid standard – recommend adult up to 150 pounds
- 15 – 18” solid standard – recommend adult up to 200 pounds
- 20 – 20” solid standard – recommend adult over 200 pounds
- 5 – 22” bariatric – recommend adult over 250 pounds
- 20 – 18” solid mountain bike tires – recommend primary use outside for adult up to 200 pounds
- 25 – 20” solid mountain bike tires – recommend primary use outside for adult over 200 pounds
The storage in Saskatoon is currently at no charge, however, this may only be available for a short term. If anyone has an alternate location, please contact Shawn.
Please recognize that there are a limited number of each size, so once again, ordering early will provide a better assurance that you get the size you requested. If the size you ordered is no longer available, you will be contacted by e-mail and/or phone to ask if you will accept an alternate size. If an appropriate size is not available, you must decide whether we will either hold or return the funds until another order is made. There will be no assurance of timeframe for next order.
We will be making this offer available to other State jurisdictions upon receipt of the chairs. Therefore, ordering before December may be a prudent move.
The cost of a chair if picked up in Saskatoon is $225.00 Canadian. This includes all of our costs for shipping to Saskatoon, embroidering etc. If you wish to have the chair(s) shipped from Saskatoon to your community, it will be at your expense. All shipping arrangements will be made in conjunction with Wheelchair Project Chair Shawn Scherr.
Further information is available from either:
Sask K of C Wheelchair Project Sask K of C Charitable Foundation
Chair Shawn Scherr Exec Dir. Gerry Gieni
306 222 9549 306 631 1610