Sask K of C Charitable Foundation Contingency Project
- To develop a framework that will facilitate the promotion and enhancement of "Charity giving" of Councils, Members and citizens at large.
- To develop opportunities for Sask K of C Charitable Foundation, Councils and members to work together in providing financial assistance to worthy projects, programs or individuals.
- To develop a mechanism and process to entertain project and program funding requests throughout the year.
Principles for Contingency Project Partnership Agreements
The Sask K of C Foundation will consider entering into a Contingency Project/Program Partnership with a Council, group of Councils with the objective of improving the quality of life and support Catholic values with our communities as follows:
- The Council(s) will approve the project at the local level including a participants, timeframes and marketing strategy. The approved project will be presented to the President of the Sask K of C Foundation for consideration.
- Each project/program will have a budget including specific timelines.
- Sask K of C Charitable Foundation Grants Committee will review the project proposal to determine approval. A key element of approval will be the degree support of the members and Council(s).
- Once approved, all funds raised will be channeled through the Foundation account. Each donation of $20.00 or more will receive a tax receipt.
- Funds may be contributed directly to the Sask K of C Charitable Foundation office or by credit card payment through the website. The website will outline each project and promote support by all viewers.
- The Sask K of C Charitable Foundation will provide an additional Grant to the Project/Program recipient.
- Project/Program recipients potentially receive more funds for their Charitable needs.
- Councils receive expanded exposure for their project/programs.
Sask Knights of Columbus receive greater exposure and visibility while practicing their primary principle of Charity and second principle of Unity.
Sask K of C Coats for Kids
Coats for Kids is an extremely valuable program that is supported by a number of Councils throughout the province.
All orders will be completed by the Council direct to the supplier in Ontario. The Foundation will not order any coats for Councils.
The Foundation will continue to accept donations which will be maintained in a Fund. If a Council has recognized a need for coats, they can contact the Foundation and we will work with the Council to order coats and have them delivered to the Council for distribution.
Details for purchasing coats are included within the State website or from Knights Gear Canada.
Coats For Kids - Order form is being completed by Supreme and will be sent out to each council shortly - click here for program information.
Sask K of C Wheelchair Project
Wheelchair Fundraising - Canadian Wheelchair Foundation will be accepting all donations from Councils and/or individuals for the purchase of wheelchairs for international recipients. The Sask K of C Charitable Foundation will no longer be accepting/receiving donations for wheelchairs.
If there is demand for K of C wheelchairs to be distributed within the province, the State Wheelchair Director will provide a proposal to the Foundation including funding requirements.
The purchase of wheelchairs will no longer be completed by the Sask K of C Charitable Foundation. Each Council will be asked to order the coats directly from the Canadian Wheelchair Foundation:
Wheelchair Foundation Donation Form - Order directly through the Canadian Wheelchair Foundation – click here for the donation form.