- To develop a framework that will facilitate the promotion and enhancement of “Charity giving” of Councils, Members and citizens at large.
- To develop opportunities for Sask K of C Charitable Foundation, Councils and members to work together in providing financial assistance to worthy projects, programs or individuals.
- To develop a mechanism and process to entertain project and program funding requests throughout the year.
Principles for Contingency Project Partnership Agreements
The Sask K of C Foundation will consider entering into a Contingency Project/Program Partnership with a Council, group of Councils with the objective of improving the quality of life and support Catholic values with our communities as follows:
- The Council(s) will approve the project at the local level including a participants, timeframes and marketing strategy. The approved project will be presented to the President of the Sask K of C Foundation for consideration.
- Each project/program will have a budget including specific timelines
- Sask K of C Charitable Foundation Grants Committee will review the project proposal to determine approval. A key element of approval will be the degree support of the members and Council(s).
- Once approved, all funds raised will be channeled through the Foundation account. Each donation of $20.00 or more will receive a tax receipt.
- Funds may be contributed directly to the Sask K of C Charitable Foundation office or by credit card payment through the website. The website will outline each project and promote support by all viewers.
- The Sask K of C Charitable Foundation will provide an additional Grant to the Project/Program recipient.
- Project/Program recipients potentially receive more funds for their Charitable needs
- Councils receive expanded exposure for their project/programs
Sask Knights of Columbus receive greater exposure and visibility while practicing their primary principle of Charity and second principle of Unity.