Sask K of C Charitable Foundation Contingency Project
- To develop a framework that will facilitate the promotion and enhancement of "Charity giving" of Councils, Members and citizens at large.
- To develop opportunities for Sask K of C Charitable Foundation, Councils and members to work together in providing financial assistance to worthy projects, programs or individuals.
- To develop a mechanism and process to entertain project and program funding requests throughout the year.
Principles for Contingency Project Partnership Agreements
The Sask K of C Foundation will consider entering into a Contingency Project/Program Partnership with a Council, group of Councils with the objective of improving the quality of life and support Catholic values with our communities as follows:
- The Council(s) will approve the project at the local level including a participants, timeframes and marketing strategy. The approved project will be presented to the President of the Sask K of C Foundation for consideration.
- Each project/program will have a budget including specific timelines.
- Sask K of C Charitable Foundation Grants Committee will review the project proposal to determine approval. A key element of approval will be the degree support of the members and Council(s).
- Once approved, all funds raised will be channeled through the Foundation account. Each donation of $20.00 or more will receive a tax receipt.
- Funds may be contributed directly to the Sask K of C Charitable Foundation office or by credit card payment through the website. The website will outline each project and promote support by all viewers.
- The Sask K of C Charitable Foundation will provide an additional Grant to the Project/Program recipient.
- Project/Program recipients potentially receive more funds for their Charitable needs.
- Councils receive expanded exposure for their project/programs.
Sask Knights of Columbus receive greater exposure and visibility while practicing their primary principle of Charity and second principle of Unity.
Coats for Kids
All donors who wish to make a donation of $20 or more towards the purchase of coats will receive an income tax receipt. All donations will be credited towards the council that raises the funds and will also count towards their yearly quota.
Campion College Lift Project
This project is in partnership with Campion College Council (#15955) & Regina Chapter. There is need for an accessibility lift to be built into the new Campion College front entry, to enable individuals with mobility challenges to access Campion building from the new underground tunnel being built to connect the residence towers to the College. This is only a small part of a massive building improvement project being undertaken by Campion College to make the entire facility more accessible. The Regina Chapter together with the Sask K of C Charitable Foundation has accepted the challenge to raise the funds needed for this lift.